Help for victims



Are you a victim of domestic abuse?

Help for victims

January 27, 2015

If you believe there is an immediate risk of harm to you or someone else, or it is an emergency, you should always call 999.

If you feel that you are being abused by a partner, ex-partner or a family member, you can approach your GP or nurse for help.

The Domestic Abuse Helpline is also available to offer support for victims on 0808 2000 247. To access Victim Support’s services you can call, text, email, self-refer, to find out more about the range of services we can provide go to or call our Victim Care Unit in Manchester on 0845 456 8800.

For more information or to report abuse contact police on 101 or the Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0161 6367525. You can also visit the GMP website for more information

Read article